|Search For Any Products|
The golf push shot is one of the most common swing faults. The golf push shot most commonly occurs when the clubface is open relative to the swing path and/or when the swing follows an excessive "in to out" swing path. Here are the common faults and fixes of the golf push shot.
What Causes the Golf Push Shot
The golf push shot is a shot that starts right of the target and continues straight right. Typical causes of the golf push shot include one or of the following + poor body alignment; weak grip; open club face; and/or in-to-out swing path. One or all of these swing faults can contribute to a golf push shot. For instance:
1. Your body is aligned too far right of the target which may cause you to swing the club from in to out causing the golf ball to start and stay right of your target.
2. Irrespective of body alignment, you swing path can be in-to-out or worse, in-to-out with an open clubface which compounds your golf push shot.
3. Your grip could be too "weak" which means your grip position is left of neutral which tends to open the clubface.
How to Fix the Golf Push Shot
So how do you fix your push? For some, one or two adjustments is all that is needed. For others, it will be a process of elimination. What is clear, however, is that your ability to fix the golf push shot is greatly enhanced if you execute the following golf push shot fixes.
1. Square your stance relative to your target. To help visualize, think of standing on a railway line where the ball is placed on the furthest rail (the "target line") and your body is set up parallel to the target line along the closest rail (the "body line").
2. "Strengthen" your grip to a neutral position with a square clubface.
3. Take a slow motion practice swing and ensure that your swing path is not "in-to-out" but rather down the target line toward the target.
4. Check your impact position and make sure that your clubface is square at impact.
Perform a few slow motion practice swings with the above golf push shot fixes in mind until the proper movements feel natural. Then hit a few half swing golf shots building up to a full, fluid swing. If you practice and ingrain these fundamentals, your golf push shot will be history.
Designed by top PGA instructors for on-course play and off-course preparation, Golf Genie provides easy-to-absorb golf tips, golf instruction, golf practice routine and golf training aids to accelerate your development and rapidly lower your score. Know more about golf push shot cure and fixes.